Sr. Marketing Manager | The Vogue
The Vogue is looking for a Sr. Marketing Manager to join our leadership team and lead our marketing efforts. This is an opportunity to take the established Vogue and Rock The Ruins brands and position us as the premier live music venues in the Midwest, while also driving attendance and fan engagement for our 200+ events per year.
- You have marketing experience and bring strategic marketing expertise and direction along with the ability to get your hands dirty and execute on your own.
- You are an excellent writer, storyteller, and communicator — whether it’s through short-form content, emails, long-form blog posts, videos, or podcasts.
- You have a broad spectrum of experience in events, email marketing, digital marketing, websites, and social media.
- You have a passion for music, live events, startups, and entrepreneurship.
- You are a voracious learner and desire to be continually challenged by learning new skills.
- You regularly roll up your sleeves to execute on a plan, doing whatever it takes to get the job done.
- You’re flexible, comfortable with ambiguity, and like to wear many different hats.
Why You’ll Love This Opportunity
- You’ll have the opportunity to help lead the brand strategy for The Vogue as the premier live music venue in the Midwest and our derivative brands, such as Rock the Ruins at Holliday Park.
- You’ll have the opportunity to promote 200+ events per year, driving attendance by fans in central Indiana and throughout the Midwest.
- You’ll be challenged to learn and become an expert in many different marketing disciplines, giving you the ability to excel in whatever marketing career path you continue down.
- You’ll have a front-row seat to The Vogue’s business, serving on our senior leadership team which is responsible for running and growing our business.
- You will be the public face for the The Vogue brand and marketing, leading PR, comms, and events for a music property with aggressive growth plans beyond a single venue.
- You will stretch yourself to think creatively, strategically, and tactically on a day-to-day basis.
- You’ll be a key part of a culture that emphasizes learning, growth, and dreaming big.
What You’ll Do
- Create and execute the The Vogue strategic marketing plan, maintaining existing high-performing programs and pitching new, creative programs to launch.
- Create and execute Show Marketing programs which drive attendance and fan engagement for 200+ events per year.
- Lead our brand and marketing initiatives, including show marketing, content marketing, email marketing, direct mail, web and digital marketing, media partnerships, and PR and communications.
- You will own the The Vogue editorial calendar for content, emails, announcements, and social media.
- You will own our digital presence, content, and voice on TheVogue.com and all social platforms.
- You will be responsible for The Vogue email marketing programs, including internal and external newsletters, event communications, and more.
- You will be responsible for writing and producing blog articles, videos, SEO-focused content, and other content that promotes The Vogue thought leadership and brand.
- You will help own The Vogue’s direct mail programs, swag, and experiential marketing, a core part of what makes The Vogue unique.
- You will develop and maintain a PR drumbeat for The Vogue, developing headlines and story angles, building relationships with reporters, writing press releases, and proactively pitching The Vogue stories to the media.
- Be a trusted advisor to the marketing teams within artist agencies that we work with to promote and produce shows.
- You will report directly to the General Manager and will work closely with the rest of the leadership team at The Vogue, including the three owners.
Experience and Skills to Excel in this Role
- 4-8 years of experience working in marketing.
- You have some experience in music or live event marketing.
- You have experience working with Facebook, Instagram, WordPress, Eventbrite, Google Analytics (or similar marketing and event tech stacks).
- You’ve written copy more than once for a website, product launch, or sales deck.
- You have a clear and concise writing style with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- You are a detail-oriented person.
- You regularly take initiative and have worked on at least one work project that no one asked you to take on (and crushed it).
- You are analytical and feel comfortable working in spreadsheets and reporting on marketing performance.
- Familiarity or experience with Adobe Creative Cloud or Sketch is a plus.
What We Value
We are building the most unique collection of music properties in the industry, anchored around the historic The Vogue Theater located in Broad Ripple Village in Indianapolis. Our ambition is high and we constantly challenge ourselves to push boundaries, defy conventional wisdom, and take smart risks by pursuing big opportunities. We are growth-minded and work at a very fast-pace. We demand the best from ourselves, our team, and our partners. We create the context for success by providing the appropriate resources, infrastructure, and mentorship required to win.
The Vogue is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.