General Manager | The Vogue
The Vogue is looking for a General Manager to join our leadership team and lead the venue through its next wave of growth. This is an opportunity to take the established business and provide operational leadership, vision, and strategy as we enter this next phase of our storied history.
- You have hospitality leadership experience and bring strategic business expertise and direction along with the ability to get your hands dirty and execute on your own.
- You are an excellent people leader — you have a proven track record of recruiting, hiring, and managing great teams.
- You have a passion for music, concerts, and live events and care deeply about the fan experience for those who attend these events.
- You are a voracious learner and desire to be continually challenged by learning new skills.
- You regularly roll up your sleeves to execute on a plan, doing whatever it takes to get the job done.
- You’re flexible, comfortable with ambiguity, and like to wear many different hats, while also thinking about repeatability, process, and scale.
Why You’ll Love This Opportunity
- You’ll help lead the vision, strategy, and execution for all aspects of The Vogue business in our effort to become the premier live music venue in the Midwest.
- You’ll help us define and deliver on our ambitious vision and goals. If you are seeking the opportunity to build a team that is capable of winning a market, you’ll love working with us.
- You’ll be challenged to learn and become an expert in many different business disciplines
- You will be the public face for The Vogue – interfacing with staff, guests, and artists everyday.
- You will stretch yourself to think creatively, strategically, and tactically on a day-to-day basis.
- You’ll be a key part of building a culture that emphasizes learning, growth, and dreaming big.
What You’ll Do
- Establish and maintain high standards of customer service for staff, customers and vendors
- Identify and maximize revenue drivers while optimizing the overall guest and artist experience
- Hire, train and schedule full and part-time employees, and work closely with all subcontractors and/or third-party vendors across Marketing, Beverage, Production, Premium Seat Sales, and Sponsorship to create innovative offerings that drive incremental revenue growth, fan and partner engagement, and profitability
- Manage overall expenses of concerts to maximize profits while protecting the guest and artist experience
- Manage relationship with the City of Indianapolis and the Broad Ripple Village Association
- Promote and establish ”rental” events in the venue.
- Coordinate and facilitate event set-up with Operations and Production Teams
- Perform and execute successful settlement of events
- Perform and execute timely Flash Reports after events
- Coordinatee day of event activities and matters
- Excellent working knowledge of Health & Safety
- Implements and complies with the companies’ audit procedures
- Ensures that employees performance is monitored and reviewed accordingly
- Management of employee attendance records, for all employees
- Any other reasonable duties as required by ownership
- This position typically supervises a number of exempt and non-exempt positions
- Responsible for meeting staffing levels and budget targets for each event
- On site for each event prior to load in and until load out
Experience and Skills to Excel in this Role
- Minimum 5 years experience as a general manager or operations manager in a hospitality related business
- Must have extensive background in event sales and promotion
- Ability to perform all job duties and responsibilities
- Requires excellent communication skills, both verbally and written
- Must have expertise in profitability analysis and budgeting
- Exhibits strong problem-solving skills in long term and immediate situations
What We Value
We are building the most unique collection of music properties in the industry, anchored around the historic The Vogue Theater located in Broad Ripple Village in Indianapolis. Our ambition is high and we constantly challenge ourselves to push boundaries, defy conventional wisdom, and take smart risks by pursuing big opportunities. We are growth-minded and work at a very fast-pace. We demand the best from ourselves, our team, and our partners. We create the context for success by providing the appropriate resources, infrastructure, and mentorship required to win.
The Vogue is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.