The Vogue is looking for a box office and production interns to join our team! This is an opportunity to experience the “ins and outs” of the concert industry at one of the most storied venues in the Midwest!
The Vogue, located in the Broad Ripple neighborhood of Indianapolis, is one the most popular and storied music venues in the Midwest. The Vogue originally opened as a movie theater on June in 18, 1938 and today is considered the top destination for live music in Indianapolis, winning countless awards and earning the accolades of local musicians, industry leading DJ’s, and national touring artists.
- You have an interest in business and/or the business of music.
- You have a passion for growth, experimentation, and measurement.
- You are a voracious learner and desire to be continually challenged and learning new skills.
- You regularly roll up your sleeves to get stuff done. You don’t require being told exactly what to do. You do whatever it takes to get the job done.
- You’re flexible and comfortable with change and ambiguity and relish experimentation.
Why You’ll Love It
- You’ll be part of a small but determined management team attempting to build the nation’s top independent music venue.
- You’ll be part of a culture that emphasizes learning and growth.
- You’ll regularly be working with representatives of some of the nation’s top musical artists, creating and working with different ways of reaching new audiences.
- You’ll be challenged to think creatively, strategically, and tactically on a day-to-day basis.
What You’ll Do
- Sell tickets and VIP tables during box office hours (W-F 12pm – 5:30pm and 2 hrs before every show) and track ticket sales for each show
- Answer venue phone and serve as point Customer Service Representative
- Assist as Production Assistant / Runner for scheduled shows ensuring logistics are met
- Assist marketing team in monitoring social media outlets, capturing content day of show, and brainstorming marketing efforts to drive ticket sales for upcoming shows
- Capture photos at designated events for future marketing promotions
- Lead grassroots marketing efforts with street team promotions in Indianapolis area
- Special event and venue projects assigned
Experience and Skills to Excel in this Role
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- You regularly take initiative and have demonstrated the ability to handle fast-paced environments.
- Strong working knowledge of Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and/or Google Docs
- A passion for music is a bonus but not required.
Other Things that are Important to the Role:
- You are at least 18 years of age
- You have reliable transportation
- You have the ability to work flexible hours, including some late show nights
Are You a Student?
Students will be eligible for college credit and should be able to commit to the hour requirements set by their university. Non students can gain experience and bolster their resume.
This is a paid internship + there are big perks. 😉
Apply Today! Email your resume to email@example.com – Subject Line “Internship”