Box Office Manager
Located in the Broad Ripple neighborhood of Indianapolis, The Vogue is one of the most popular and storied music venues in the Midwest. The Vogue originally opened as a movie theater on June 18, 1938 and today is considered the top destination for live music in Indianapolis, winning countless awards and earning the accolades of local musicians, industry leading DJ’s, and nationally touring artists.
Our goal at The Vogue is to provide our guests with an incredible entertainment experience. Our entire team is focused on booking the best talent, delivering the highest level of customer service, offering a deep selection of regional craft beer, cocktails and wine, and delivering the best live music and recorded dance club music experience in the United States. It’s an ambitious goal that we are working to meet every day.
The Vogue is seeking a Box Office Supervisor to join our Box Office team. The Box Office Supervisor will be responsible for all Box Office functions during events; including opening and closing of the box office, managing box office personnel, troubleshooting technical issues with Eventbrite or Square, facilitating customer ingress and egress, and assisting with customer service related issues.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Opening and closing the Box Office for the event
- Ensure that all advance requirements for the Box Office have been completed; including set up for reserved seating, meet and greets, and VIP promotions.
- Ensure that all Box Office staff has arrived on time and understands their responsibilities for the evening
- Have a knowledgeable understanding of all staff policies and ensure that all Box Office staff are familiar with the most recent policies
- Have a knowledgeable understanding of all upcoming events and the ticketing information for each show
- Assist customers with general venue information and questions about our events
- Assist customers with locating their mobile tickets and resolving any issues they may have with their purchase
- Accurately complete customer transactions through Eventbrite and Square
- Ability to handle large volumes of sale; including the ability to accurately manage cash, debit and credit card transactions with confidence
- Complete a daily ticket sales report and submit it to the Box Office Manager
- Balance cash drawer and accurately complete closing procedures
- 4+ years as a Box Office Ticket Seller or Box Office Supervisor
- Excellent customer service capabilities with experience in conflict resolution
- High level of self-awareness, attention to detail, and ability to quickly adapt to changing situations
- Availability to work varied shifts, including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time including maneuvering up and downstairs
- Ability to work well with others in a fast-paced environment
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be able to accurately deal with large quantities of cash or other payment methods
- Experience in MS Office and general computer knowledge
- High School diploma or equivalent
Varied shifts, including nights, weekends, and holidays
What We Value
We are building the most unique collection of music properties in the industry, anchored around the historic The Vogue Theater located in Broad Ripple Village in Indianapolis. Our ambition is high and we constantly challenge ourselves to push boundaries, defy conventional wisdom, and take smart risks by pursuing big opportunities. We are growth-minded and work at a very fast-pace. We demand the best from ourselves, our team, and our partners. We create the context for success by providing the appropriate resources, infrastructure, and mentorship required to win.
The Vogue is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.